Build system idea

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Aug 28 19:53:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:21:10AM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> You imply you like Cabal's metadata, which says "I depend on network
> version 1", right?

no, I mean a standard way to specify a package name, a description of it,
a category, etc..

> But you don't like Cabal's configuration management? What is Cabal's
> configuration management, then?

the build-depends field mainly, pretty much everything dealing with cabal
building a package rather than just describing the _result_ of a
successful building.

One is constant between build systems and would be generally useful to
standardize independently, the other depends on the specific build
system/configuration manager used.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈