ghci history.

Venkat Ramanan venkatr2004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:19:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've just started learning haskell.

I encountered a strange behaviour in ghci.

1. ghci doesn't seem to do pruning of duplicate expressions. If the same
expression is entered twice, both of them are stored in the history instead
of just one. Bash uses environmental variables (HISTCONTROL and HISTIGNORE )
to modify this behavior.

Is there a way to get the same behaviour in ghci?

2. Does the history of ghci get stored somewhere in a file? That would be
useful.

I'm using ghc-6.8.2 (ubuntu 8.04).

Also, is there an updated ghc package (6.8.3)  for ubuntu? If not, I'll try
to install the binary.

Thanks,
Venkat.