problems running ghc-6.8.2 on solaris 10, sparc

Daniil Elovkov daniil.elovkov at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:23:41 EDT 2008

Thank you Christian

It seems that an old gcc was the problem. I downloaded gcc 3.4.6 from
sunfreeware and it works ok.

Also, their precompiled gcc's at sunfreeware are configured to use sun
linker. It caused no problems at hello world Haskell program. I yet
have to check how it will behave with a quite big project. There were
serious problems with performance in the past, as we know.

Btw, the link you gave me is not on haskell.org/ghc. For 6.8.3 only
solaris-x86 is downloadable. That's why I grabbed 6.8.2 in the first
place.

Thanks for your ports!

--
Daniil Elovkov