Version control systems

Roman Leshchinskiy rl at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Aug 10 01:53:00 EDT 2008

On 10/08/2008, at 05:38, Don Stewart wrote:

> Instead, if we just use ubiquitous, common tools -- like git -- for
> everything, we minimise the pain for people, and sit firmly in the
> mainstream of open source.

While I agree with this in general, I'm not sure it really applies to
vcs (especially darcs) all that much. I don't think anyone who has
ever worked with a vcs will need more than a day to learn how to use
darcs (or any other sane vcs, for that matter). Really, the problem
with darcs is not that it is not mainstream; rather, it's just that it
simply doesn't work sometimes.

Roman