Version control systems

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Aug 8 09:03:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 12:04:15PM +1000, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

> I seriously hope the plan is to move all *core* libraries (including
> GHC's cabal repo) etc over to git, too.  In other word, everything
> that you need to build the development version of GHC should come via
> git.  Having a mix of VCSs would be the worst option of all.

No, the plan is to move only the GHC and testsuite repos to git, as the
others are also used by hugs, nhc98, etc.

It would be possible to move GHC's Cabal repo over too, as that is
private to GHC, but given the other libraries will be using darcs anyway
I think it is simpler to keep all darcs repos using the same VCS.

Thanks
Ian