Any release date for GHC 6.8.3 for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) on PowerPC G4 machines?

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Aug 4 12:47:51 EDT 2008

Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
> Is there any scheduled release date for GHC 6.8.3 for Mac OS X 10.5
> (Leopard) on PowerPC G4 machines?

No, but I could rebuild ghc-6.8.3 on Tiger (G5) so that it also runs on
a G4. (The G5 dependency of
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.8.3/maeder/ghc-6.8.3-powerpc-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
was an accident, that happened by wrongly building libgmp, too.)

Alternatively you can install ghc-6.8.2 and build ghc-6.8.3 yourself.
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_682.html#macosxppc
(that relies on old frameworks, though).

Or has someone else done this already?

The Tiger binaries and ghcs also run under Leopard (but not vice versa).

Cheers Christian