Need help with GHC API and GHC internals

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 4 07:46:55 EDT 2008

* Claus is right to say that you want the *renamed* tree, not the *parsed* tree.

* He's also right to point to the under-development generic programming stuff for the GHC API.  I'm not certain about how settled they are right now though.

* But in fact you can get exactly what you want from the mg_used_names fields of the ModGuts (post desugaring).

Simon