Error Interpreting Main with API

C.M.Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 13:56:08 EDT 2008

Simon,

> The GHC API is behaving just like --make: it links the program if you
> have a Main module.  To ask it not to link, you want to do the same as
> '--make -c', which in the GHC API means setting the ghcLink field of
> DynFlags to NoLink.

Thanks, this has solved the problem I was having. I wonder whether it
would be a good idea to amend the Wiki page to relect this? I think it is
reasonable to assume that other users are going to want to use the API
against Main modules and it's possibly not too clear at the moment how to
do this.

Regards,
Chris.