Data.Map in 6.8.1

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at
Sat Sep 29 11:38:32 EDT 2007

Dear GHC developers and users,

I am trying to port the Dumatel-1.06 application from  ghc-6.6.1  to

First, it does not find  runhaskell.
All right, I replace it with  runghc  in order to see what happens next.

Now,       make configure

 runghc Setup.hs configure --ghc --prefix=/home/mechvel/dm/1.06/dm/source/inst
 Configuring dumatel-1.6...

In 6.6.1, the report of  runhaskell  looked better, it wrote on the
screen about  ghc  found in such and such place, and so on.
Where to see this new report in a more detail?

(is this a matter of the Cabal version?)

Further,  make build
runghc Setup.hs build
Preprocessing library dumatel-1.6...
Building dumatel-1.6...

    Could not find module `Data.Map':
      it is a member of package containers-0.1, which is hidden

Should I change something in  dm.cabal ?
For example, it contains the line

  build-depends:   base, haskell98

Where are docs on  ghc-6.8.1 (in particular, release notes) ?

Thank you in advance for your explanations,

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at