About PORT? GHC

L.Guo leaveye.guo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:24:06 EDT 2007

Hi glasgow-haskell-users:

I have a linux PC (Host) which already have a GHC and a embed mini-linux system (Target) which I want to build a usable GHC for it.

Currently, for the target system, the only way to build a program which can run on it, is compile on host using toolchain, and then copy the product of compiling to the target to execute.

I want to build a GHC which can run on the target system. As a result, I may compile, GHCi or runHaskell any .hs file.

I have read Building/Porting for GHC[1]. Bcuz of ./configure command
cannot run on target system, I couldn't follow the tips.

How can I get a GHC like that ?

    Regards

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Porting