compiling on solaris 9

Robert Andersson robert at
Fri Sep 14 10:33:20 EDT 2007

When compiling ghc-6.6.1 on SunOS 5.9 I get the following error

  > posix/OSMem.c:20:20:  error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
  > gmake[1]: *** [posix/OSMem.o] Error 1
  > gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  > GC.c:1870:0:  warning: 'regparm' attribute directive ignored
  > gmake: *** [stage1] Error 1

stdint.h seems to be unavailable on solaris 9. Looking at the
rts/posix/OSMem.c file we find

  /* no C99 header stdint.h on OpenBSD? */
  #if defined(openbsd_HOST_OS)
  typedef unsigned long my_uintptr_t;
  #include <stdint.h>
  typedef uintptr_t my_uintptr_t;

so how would one go about not including the stdint.h for solaris? What
would the typedef line look like, if one would e.g. do a check for

PS. Fyi, I compiled with gcc 4.0.2 with CLFAGS="-O3 -mcpu=ultrasparc3 -m64"

PPS. The binary distributed ghc-6.6.1 needs which is not
available prior to solaris 10. I also read ticket 1291 and no -- is not available via Blastwave.

Systems Administrator & IT-Coordinator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology
Nordic Graduate School of Language Technology