getMBlocks: VirtualAlloc MEM_RESERVE 1 blocks failed

J. Garrett Morris trevion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:13:00 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I've been running into the following error:

Reproduction.exe: getMBlocks: VirtualAlloc MEM_RESERVE 1 blocks
failed: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

The confusing part to me is that when the error occurs, Task Manager
reports that the process is using around 100K of memory, while I know
that the machine has at least 2GB available.

Reproduction case is attached.  This runs against the Netflix prize
training set, which is large enough that I haven't attached it.  At
the time that the error occurs, it's processed on the order of 15,500
files.  Is it possible there's some other resource that I'm exhausting
without realizing it?

The compiler command line is:
ghc --make -O2 -threaded -hidir obj -odir obj -o Reproduction Reproduction.hs

 /g