FFI Bindings to Libraries using GMP

Matthias Neubauer neubauer at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Sep 11 17:04:22 EDT 2007

Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> Peter Tanski did exactly that (he's the author of the
> ReplacingGMPNotes above), but he's been very quiet recently.  I
> don't know where he is up to.  Perhaps someone else would like to
> join in?

Since I live only five minutes away from this year's Hackathon venue,
I guess it would be kind of silly to have such an event in my
neighborhood and not go to it! :)

I would enjoy working on this during the hackathon. Is there a reason
to not start with a simple, Haskell-only implementation? And later use
techniques known from ByteStrings and stream fusion to improve on that.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Neubauer                                       |
Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik           | tel +49 761 203 8060