Bumping "extralib" library versions

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Oct 22 10:42:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 03:00:42PM +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 14:11 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>
> > If anyone sees any problems with my suggested version numbers below,
> > please shout.
> >
> > I've CCed all addresses listed as Cabal maintainers of extralibs; please
> > let us know if you disagree with the versions we propose to use for your
> > packages.
>
> Only two minor points...
>
> > > ==========
> > > arrows
> > >
> > > HEAD repo: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/arrows
> > > Released version:       0.3  (on hackage)
> > > Current version:        0.3
> > > Changes since release:  none
> > > Suggested next version: not needed
> > > PVP next version:       not needed
> >
> > There have been some patches to the repo, so I think it would be nice to
> > make a new tarball, and it's not that expensive, so I'd suggest 0.3.0.1.
>
> There are no patches since the one that increased the version number
> from 0.2.1 to 0.3. No new release is needed at the moment.

Ah, sorry, my mistake, I hadn't pulled the latest patch. OK, so in
principle I'd be fine with 0.3, except if we want to move to 4-component
version numbers then we need to use 0.3.0.1 anyway (I don't think having
both 0.3 and 0.3.0.0 which don't compare equal is a good idea. We'll
just get confused).

> > > ==========
> > > X11
> > >
> > > HEAD repo: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/X11
> > > Released version:       1.2.3 (on hackage)
> > > Current version:        1.2.3
> > > Changes since:          none
> > > Suggested next version: not needed
> > > PVP next version:       not needed
> >
> > 1.2.3.1
>
> Again, there are no patches since the patch that tagged version 1.2.3,
> so no new release is needed.

Again, this is just for the version number length.

Thanks
Ian