ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.1 Second Release Candidate

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Oct 17 18:18:57 EDT 2007

Hi Claus,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 04:19:03PM +0100, Claus Reinke wrote:
> >The 6.8.1 release is very close now. We only intend to look at the bugs
> >listed here:
> >
> >http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=6.8.1&order=priority
>
> - the list of outstanding issues for 6.8 branch is suspiciously long. has
>    this been reviewed in detail?

There are always more bugs and performance issues that could be fixed,
but at some point we need to draw a line and make a release, or else we
never will!

We don't think that there is anything critical missing from the above
list, but it's possible that either we've overlooked something, or there
is something that is critical to some people but we haven't realised how
important it is. Of course, we can't guarantee to fix everything that
people raise (or we'd be back to never releasing), but if something
jumps out at you please let us know and we will look at it.

Thanks
Ian