Prevent optimization from tempering with unsafePerformIO

Bernd Brassel bbr at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Oct 15 10:51:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am writing a compiler from the functional logic language Curry to
Haskell. As the result is a real extension of Haskell, there has to be
SOME side effect involved. Unfortunately, this seems to prevent me from
using any of ghc's optimizations on the resulting code. I have tried for
some time to invoke the no-inline pragmata, but they seem to have no
effect at all. Recently at ICFP, Neil Mitchell told me that there
definitely is a way to avoid this problem. But does anybody know how?

Thanks for your help!
Bernd Brassel