Haddocumentation of 6.8.1

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Nov 30 09:23:04 EST 2007

Yesterday, doing runghc ./Setup.hs haddock in zlib.0.4.0.1, I noticed that no
Haddock docs have been built for my 6.8.1.
I followed the usual building steps, which worked with previous GHCs, set
XMLDocWays=html, then
./configure
make
make install
make install-docs

No library docs (users guide and Cabal manual are fine). I looked around in a
couple of Makefiles, tried 'make doc' in libraries, that built docs, but
Haddock couldn't make any cross-package links and  libraries/index.html links
to package/Package-Name.html, which doesn't exist, because it's
package/dist/doc/html/package/Package-Name.html.

Question 1: How do I get proper library documentation?
Question 2: When I build a package via Cabal, is there a way to merge the
documentation into the installed library docs (and if yes, how do I do it)?

Feature request: Could the README in future please contain information on how
to build library documentation properly?

Thanks,
Daniel