suggestion: add a .ehs file type

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:26:13 EST 2007

Alex Jacobson wrote:

> Extensions that change syntax are effectively declared by the use of
> that syntax.  If you can parse the source, then you know which
> extensions it uses.

I thought we'd already established that this isn't possible.  Here are some
code fragments that parse differently depending on which extensions are
enabled:

f x y = x 3# y

f x = [d|d<-xs]

foreign x = x

f :: forall -> forall -> forall

You could argue that these syntax extensions are therefore badly designed,
but that's a separate discussion.