suggestion: add a .ehs file type

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Thu Nov 22 03:48:55 EST 2007

Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> writes:

> It made me discover that I use more language extensions than I thought I was
> using.

> I think, it’s a good thing if you have to be clear about what extensions you
> use and what you don’t use.  What if someone wants to compile your code with
> a different compiler which doesn’t support all of GHC’s extensions?

And - re the Hackage library rank - the next logical step is to
analyse the actual extension usage before deciding what goes into
Haskell'.  (Not that it should be the sole deciding factor, of
course.)
Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> writes:

> I don’t think so.  For example, if you don’t use rank-2 polymorphism and
> similar things, forall is a perfect name for a type variable.

Without implicit parameters, you can use (?) as an operator regardless
of spacing.  And, I think, some constructs (list
comprehensions?) have a different meaning with Template Haskell.

Most of unintended usages would probably end up as errors, though.

-k