ghci changing 'm' to 'g'

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 20:11:05 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 01:12:16AM +0200, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> Olivier Boudry wrote:
> >> it (also "works" with :l).
>
> Stefan O'Rear wrote:
> > It's very old.  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/831
>
> But these observations indicate several clues that do not
> yet appear in the Trac ticket:
>
> 1. Occurs on Windows (I can't reproduce it in on
>    Mac OS X Intel or Debian Lenny)

That *is* in the ticket - look at the Operating System field.

> 2. Occurs also with :r and :l, not just evaluating an expression.

Personally I think that this is the least relatively suprising behavior,
and it would be most noteworthy if it only affected expressions.  But
others may disagree.

> Perhaps someone with with a Trac login should make note
> of them.

You have one!  User 'guest', password 'guest'.  In fact, it says this at
the bottom of every page!  (Spammers are smart enough to try and create
accounts, but can't read page footers - go figure).

Remember to sign your comment with contact info.

Stefan