suggestion: add a .ehs file type

Alex Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Wed Nov 21 13:38:35 EST 2007

Isn't use of the extensions detectable by the compiler?

If so, then forcing the user manually to enumerate them at the top of a
source file seems like forcing the user to write a lot of unnecessary
boilerplate.  It seems preferable for the compiler ny default just to
issue warnings about what extensions are used.  Then the person doing
the compiling can decide to modify code not to use those features, to
add pragmas so as not to cause warning, or to add compiler flags that
tells it not to issue them.

In any case, I'm pretty sure the correct answer is not 50 language
pragmas with arbitrary spellings for various language features at the
top of each source file.

-Alex-