ghc 6.8.1 windows link issue ?

Fernand quarantedeux42 at
Wed Nov 21 05:15:49 EST 2007

Simon Marlow a écrit :
>> Compiling that same program with GHC-6.6 (same command line) works fine.
>> Do I need to submit a bug or did something changed in the librairies'
>> structure that I missed somewhere ?
> You haven't told GHC that you want to link the containers package.
> Try adding -package containers, or using --make which does this
> automatically.
> Cheers,
>     Simon

Thank you. Indeed, I found the answer too this morning. Sorry for the

BTW, my patched HDirect compiles with GHC 6.8.1, though I still have
some strange behavior with typelibs support (Excel automation works
fine, but I cannot manage to have Word to work ; I desesperately get «
unsupported interface » errors, whatever I try).

Sincerely yours,