GHC 6.8.1 on FreeBSD 7/amd64

Brian P. O'Hanlon brianpo at cmu.edu
Wed Nov 14 16:38:28 EST 2007

Hello, all.  I successfully built GHC 6.8.1 on my FreeBSD 7.0_BETA
amd64 machine.  I was able to bootstrap it from the GHC 6.6.1 for
FreeBSD 6/amd64 which was posted to this list a while ago (and was
running in FreeBSD 6 compatibility mode), as well as happy 1.15
which I compiled with that same compiler.

I did have to make a minor modification; in the configure script, the
machine type needed to be changed from amd64-*-freebsd* to
x86_64-*-freebsd* (the same needed to be done for happy when I compiled
that earlier).

The C compiler was the stock gcc 4.2 compiler.
GHCi does not work, but I did not really expect that it would since it
did not in 6.6.1.

I do not know how useful this might be to anyone else; mine is a rather
esoteric setup (I am really only even using FreeBSD 7 because FreeBSD 6
does not support my video card or SATA controller), but if people are
interested in binaries, I should be able to do that.

-Brian

--
Brian P. O'Hanlon, <brianpo+ at cmu.edu>, 7039012836, KG4QXK
Carnegie Mellon University - Math, Computer Science, and English