ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 11 06:59:43 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 21:45 +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:58:40AM +0100, Philip K.F. Hölzenspies wrote:
> >
> > Booting libraries/base
> > Booting libraries/directory
> > /usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
> >   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> >   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
>
> I still don't understand why this would happen.

That's not a problem in GHC's configure.ac or other .ac files. It's just
that autoreconf scans all the /usr/share/aclocal/*.m4 files that you
happen to have installed on your system. If any of those are from before
autoconf started getting really picky about quoting then you'll get that
warning. It's nothing to worry about, especially as in this case it's in
a .m4 file that we do not get any definitions from.

Duncan