Extensible Records

Voldermort Voldermort at icmail.net
Sat Nov 10 18:24:24 EST 2007

Is there any chance of seeing extensible records in GHC 6.10? There seems to be widespread agreement that the current
situation is unacceptable, but the official GHC policy is that there are too many good ideas to choose from - so nothing
gets done! I hence humble propose that http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/download/papers/scopedlabels.pdf be adapted to GHC. In
my naivete, I assume that porting an existing implementation would be much easier than starting from scratch. Is this
reasonable?

N.B. I am aware that GHC has limited resources - many thanks to Simon & Simon and all other contributors either way.