6.8.1 compilation error on Sun Solaris 9

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Nov 10 15:48:10 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:16:09AM +0100, Robert Andersson wrote:

> ./../includes/GHCConstants.h:1:25: Not in scope: `zd'

Does changing line 36 of includes/mkDerivedConstants.c from
#ifdef mingw32_HOST_OS
#if defined(mingw32_HOST_OS) || defined(solaris2_HOST_OS)
fix it?

> I also noticed that the GHC bundle also tries to install its own gmp
> even though I explicitly say not to. Why is gmp even bundled with ghc?

It's bundled as the devel library is often not available on Windows
machines.

Looking at the configure output and config.log might reveal why the
build system thinks you don't have gmp installed.

> Anyway hope someone can give me a few pointers on what is going on.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Ian