GHC 6.8.1 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

haskell at list.mightyreason.com haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Tue Nov 6 22:09:55 EST 2007

I ultimately failed to get 6.8.1 working on OS X 10.5 (with XCode 3.0).

The compile finished, the only odd thing was the often multiply repeated message
"unknown scattered relocation type 4" during compilation.  I have the configure
and build log, but I doubt it holds anything useful.

So now I have a compiler/stage1/ghc-6.8.1 and compiler/stage1/ghc-inplace whcih
work, and a compiler/stage2/ghc-6.8.1 and compiler/stage2/ghc-inplace that
Segmentation Fault when I try to run either.

"make install" works, but installs a Segmentation Faulting compiler.

I give up until someone else can report a recipe for success or posts a binary
for powerpc G4 or has a really convincing hypothesis.

The good news is that the ghc-6.6.1 leftover from OS 10.4.x still works.

--
Chris