ghc-6.6.1 for FreeBSD/amd64 binary distribution

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Wed May 30 09:54:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have put a binary distribution of ghc-6.6.1 for FreeBSD/amd64
at

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6.1/ghc-6.6.1-x86_64-unknown-
freebsd.tar.bz2

No documentation or ghci.  The former might be easily remedied although
using FreeBSD's docbook chain, as suggested in the wiki, fails when
asked
to generate printable docs. The latter seems to be a bigger project
since my
naive interpretation of the problem is that we need data relocations
across
a 2GB boundary.

The binary works well enough to build itself and darcs.  There are
only sixteen
unexpected test suite failures thus far.  I am ignoring these for the
moment while
I get back to thinking about ghci.

Note that you need to install libgmp to use the compiler.  libgmp
from the
ports collection works fine.

Best Wishes,
Greg