GHC 6.6.1 Windows installer, test version

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:52:21 EDT 2007

Simon Marlow wrote:
> shelarcy wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:36:22 +0900, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've attached the installer source to this message, for you to play
>>> with/patch to your hearts content. I sent a copy to Ian a few days, so
>>> it should be appearing in the GHC tree at some point.
>> I succeed to build installer with C++ files by it.
>> include/mingw/c++/ doesn't cause any problem.
>>
>> So, now we're ready to include C++ files.
>
> Ok, I'm building a new tarball with GLUT and C++.  The OpenAL/ALUT stuff looks a
> bit daunting at the moment.  If someone tells me exactly what I need to install
> to make it work, then I'll do that.

This tarball has GLUT and C++:

 http://haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6.1/ghc-6.6.1-i386-unknown-mingw32.tar.bz2

(48M)

GLUT doesn't actually work for me, becuase I apparently don't have the right
DLL, but the package built without any problems after I copied the missing
glut.h header over.

If someone could update the installer using that tarball, that'd be great.