GHC 6.6.1 Windows installer, test version

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:22:53 EDT 2007

On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:31:51 +0900, Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You forgot to include GLUT and readline packages.
>> I think you can't build these packages, so you don't include it.
>>
>> This is well-known problem, if build GHC your self.
>> Because MInGW doesn't have these headers and library files in its directory.
>>
>> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2006-October/011253.html
>> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2006-December/018919.html
>>
>> So you must copy these files from old GHC's directory first, and
>> then building new GHC.
>
> That sounds scary - what about incompatible versions?

OpenGL is just Rendering Engine, and it doesn't provide any UI.
So if someone want to use OpenGL, he must install other packages.
GLUT or wxHaskell, Gtk2HS, HSDL, etc ....

So I think GLUT is important package, before we get caball-install.

I don't know about readline package.

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    hotmail.co.jp>