GHC as a library - getting output from GHCI

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Wed May 9 16:48:15 EDT 2007

Hi

Look at System.Posix.IO

I do not know if that module can do what you want. But it does deal with
FileDescriptors and handles.

Maybe the dup function can help you. According to
http://www2.lib.uchicago.edu/~keith//tcl-course/topics/processes.html it
does:

"The dup implements the dup system call, which duplicates one desired
open file descriptor into another. This can be used connect standard
input or standard output to a pipe. This sample code shows how a parent
process can fork the standard Unix sort command and then feed it data to
be sorted. A simple extension would allow the child to write the results
back to the parent."

But I have not tested it yet, and I am not really familiar with Unix
inter-process communication.

Greetings,

Mads