GHC 6.6.1 Windows installer, test version

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:31:51 EDT 2007

So to summarise, the following are missing from the binary distribution that
Neil used as the basis for his installer:

  * readline
  * ALUT
  * OpenAL
  * GLUT
  * C++ support in the bundled GCC

right?  I can try to roll another binary distribution, but I don't know much
about these packages or C++ support so I'm guessing a bit.

shelarcy wrote:

> You forgot to include GLUT and readline packages.
> I think you can't build these packages, so you don't include it.
>
> This is well-known problem, if build GHC your self.
> Because MInGW doesn't have these headers and library files in its directory.
>
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2006-October/011253.html
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2006-December/018919.html
>
> So you must copy these files from old GHC's directory first, and
> then building new GHC.

That sounds scary - what about incompatible versions?

> There is no C++ files in your installer.
> But if anyone want to build C++ source code by GHC, he disappoint
> about that.

> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2007-April/thread.html#12408

The reason I didn't enable C++ support in prep-bin-dist-mingw is because of that
comment, and because I don't know how to test it.  Basically I chickened out.
Are you saying it should just be uncommented in prep-bin-dist-mingw?