More on FreeBSD/amd64

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Thu Mar 29 20:07:02 EDT 2007

Hi SImon,

On Mar 29, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> Good analysis so far.  I think you're close to this one.

Thank you for checking over what I've done thus far.

> Based on what you said, I looked at Compat.Unicode and there is
> indeed a type error in this foreign call:
>
> foreign import ccall unsafe "u_gencat"
>   wgencat :: CInt -> Int
>
> The return type should be CInt, not Int.  Try changing that and see
> if it helps.  You might need to add some fromIntegrals.

I noticed this too yesterday and tried correcting it this morning.
Changing the return
type from Int to CInt didn't help.  The problem will no doubt be
subtle, yet
entirely obvious in retrospect.  I'll try to get some time to work on
it in the next
few days.

It's still a bit puzzling why this problem affects FreeBSD, and
apparently not Linux.
Differences in header files?

> Cheers,
> 	Simon