Installing GHC

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Mar 16 14:59:41 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 07:11:16PM +0100, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> I'm trying to install a ghc on a sidux box (something akin to debian, I believe). apt-get install seemed to work, but running ghc results in:
>  /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6/ghc-6.6: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Do you mean you did "apt-get install ghc" and it installed it into
/usr/local?

I don't know anything about sidux, but one thing to try is installing
the Debian ghc6 package and using it to compile GHC yourself. Then
remove the Debian package and continue using your own GHC.

Or just report the bug to sidux and see if they'll fix it?

Thanks
Ian