Haskell API for memory useage

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 08:49:26 EST 2007

Hi,

Haskell has getCPUTime to get the amount of CPU Time that has been
consumed, but has no equivalent for memory use. I would like to get
something similar to -RTS -t, but from a Haskell program. I'm not
overly fussed about what memory statistic I get, as long as it is
something that corresponds in some way to the amount of memory that
has been used - cells, heap size, live heap etc are all fine.

So, I'm after something like: getMemoryUse :: IO Integer

Is there anything I can use to do this?

Thanks

Neil