Parsing GHC Core

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:34:01 EST 2007

On 3/8/07, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to parse GHC Core to an abstract syntax tree, as the old
> GHC Core library used to allow the user to do. I do not want to depend
> on the GHC API (too big), but don't mind depending on a small and
> separately available .cabal'd package. I also don't mind copying a few
> modules into my program. The types are of no interest to me, if that
> makes it any easier
>
> Does anyone have the code/library to do this sitting around?

Does it matter which version of GHC? As far as I know, there's no
External Core parser that will work with the code emitted by
-fext-core in 6.6. (Aaron Tomb and I (mostly Aaron) have been working
on getting that working again.) I have a parser that works with (IIRC)
GHC 6.0 somewhere, though it would take a little bit of finding. If
that would be useful for you, let me know.

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"In a land of quince jelly, apple butter, apricot jam, blueberry preserves,