Building unregisterised for FreeBSD/amd64

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 10:16:36 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get ghc-6.6 running on my FreeBSD/amd64 box.  It seems as
if the build instructions are stale again.

When I run

	$ cd /tmp/ghc-6.6/rts && gmake boot && gmake

it falls over in the RTS, as noted in the documentation.  But at the
next step,
when the libraries are built,

	$ cd ../libraries
	$ gmake boot && gmake

cabal fails to build because it requires HSrts.  This aborts the
library build
leaving me with an incomplete set of libraries.

Is there a simple way to tell the build not to make cabal?

Best,
Greg