64-bit windows version?

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Jun 24 13:10:11 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 12:45:33PM +0100, Claus Reinke wrote:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Windows#AWindowsbuildlogusingCygwin
>
> that would help others in the future, and they can send
> updates to the log when the details change. if you don't
> remember all the details, just write up what you remember,
> and let others fill in when they are actually doing an install.

Instead of grabbing Cygwin, grab two other files along with MinGW
installer.

Presume you are at the SourceForge download page for MinGW (yes, I
know SF is annoying):

Under Current, unfold the full listing of packages:

Unfold MinGW, MSYS, and MSYS Developer Tool Kit.

Download the latest of
  + MinGW-*.exe,
  + MSYS-*.exe,
  + msysDTK-*.exe

There aren't many .exe files, so it should be easy to pick them out.

Install MinGW, then MSYS, then msysDTK.  They are all ordinary Windows
installers (NSIS I think).  This installs your system in the
"approved" manner, so it should be easy to later grab individual
updates and simply unpack them into here.

That should take care of your non-Haskell related packages.

--
-- Matthew Danish -- user: mrd domain: cmu.edu
-- OpenPGP public key: C24B6010 on keyring.debian.org