ghc6.6 on ps3 - compile error in StgCRun

Tristan Allwood tora at zonetora.co.uk
Sun Jun 24 07:50:32 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 05:41:11PM +0200, Sven Panne wrote:
> [ Sorry for the late reply, but I'm just digging through 2-3 months of
> emails... ]
>
> On Saturday 21 April 2007 12:13, Tristan Allwood wrote:
> > [...] I now have a shiny new, all extralib (-opengl) ghc 6.6 all
> > working :)
>
> Is there no OpenGL support on the PS3 platform you are compiling on or
> is it just the configure magic failing to detect it? In the latter
> case I would be interested in getting it working.
There's no hardware OpenGL support on the PS3 (Sony deliberately deny
you access to it),  so I probably hadn't installed the gl headers and
hence configure didn't find them.  I assume you could get software gl
working as normal, but the performance would be so poor as to render (
pun intended) it almost pointless.

As an aside, are there any thoughts / plans / projects people know of to
make the ghc backend spit out cell spe/spu code?

Regards,

Tris

--
+--- Tristan  Allwood ---+