64-bit windows version?

Peter Tanski p.tanski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:40:02 EDT 2007

Simon Marlow wrote:
> GHC *developers* wouldn't be any better off either.  You'd still
> need either
> Cygwin or MSYS for the build environment.  There's no way I'm using
> MS build
> tools, ugh.

The way I have it set up (so far) is as simple as running configure
and make--all from the command line, under DOS or Mingw, although
someone with VS tools may open up the VSproject in the IDE.  Would
that be o.k.?

I am not particularly enamored with VS, myself but that may be a
consequence of having a small monitor for my Windows machine and
constantly comparing it to the Xcode/Emacs combination I normally
use.  The VS debugger *is* very good and helped me pick out some bugs
in Yasm quickly--when I only really know how to use gdb.

Cheers,
Pete