building ghc6 on ppc64 linux

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Mon Jul 30 00:36:17 EDT 2007

[Oops, I forgot to include g-h-u in my first reply.]

On 30 Jul 2007 04:01:56 -0000, kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
<kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> Perhaps the following snippet from the gentoo ebuild helps:
>
>        # GHC build system knows to build unregisterised on alpha and hppa,
>        # but we have to tell it to build unregisterised on some other arches
>                 if use ppc64 || use sparc; then
>                   echo "GhcUnregisterised=YES" >> mk/build.mk
>                   echo "GhcWithNativeCodeGen=NO" >> mk/build.mk
>                   echo "GhcWithInterpreter=NO" >> mk/build.mk
>                   echo "SplitObjs=NO" >> mk/build.mk
>                   echo "GhcRTSWays := debug" >> mk/build.mk
>                   echo "GhcNotThreaded=YES" >> mk/build.mk
>                 fi

Thanks for that tip - I shuold have thought to check.
Unfortunately I still get the same undefined __DISCARD__ with that.

Also perhaps I should mention that earlier I am seeing a *lot* of warnings
like these:

/usr/bin/ghc -H16m -O -I. -Iinclude -Rghc-timing  -ignore-package
Cabal -I../libraries -fglasgow-exts -no-recomp    -c
Compat/Directory.hs -o Compat/Directory.o  -ohi Compat/Director
y.hi
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.__stginit_CompatziDirectory'
in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.__stginit_CompatziDirectory_'
in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function
`.L.CompatziDirectory_createDirectoryIfMissing_entry' in output from C
compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U5_ret' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2PU_1_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2PU_0_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U8_1_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U8_0_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U9_1_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U9_0_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2Ua_1_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2Ua_0_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2Q0_dflt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2PH_entry' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.r2Ly_entry' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U2_1_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U2_0_alt' in output from C compiler
Warning: retaining unknown function `.L.s2U3_ret' in output from C compiler
:
:
:

But I don't know if they matter or are related to my __DISCARD__ problem.

Jens