Why hide Distribution.Compat.FilePath, or what to use instead?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:38:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to bring HSFFIG in order and make it work with GHC 6.6 and
the modern package structure. I have found out that the
Distribution.Compat.FilePath module (which used to be System.FilePath
in its former life) is hidden:

programs/ffipkg.hs:11:7:
    Could not find module `Distribution.Compat.FilePath':
      it is hidden (in package Cabal-1.1.6.2)

I cannot use the new FilePath package because it does not have
function like exeExtension.

Other functions (splitFileExt, parseSearchPath, joinFileName, join
FileExt) probably have their analogs in the new package. What else can
I use for exeExtension?

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky