using Haskell readline package on Cygwin

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:16:32 EDT 2007

(Sorry if you received this twice. There was some problem with my mailer.)

Hi,

I'm trying to build pugs ( http://www.pugscode.org/ ) on Cygwin.

I have GHC 6.6.1 (installed from MSI).

Pugs build routine tries to look for the readline package and fails:

$ ghc-pkg describe readline
ghc-pkg.exe: cannot find package readline

I have GNU readline installed as a Cygwin package, but it looks like
the readline package, which appears to be standard on other
GHC-supported platforms, is not installed with GHC on Windows.

This problem is mentioned in the GHC FAQ ( http://tinyurl.com/2lyjno )
but there is no solution; maybe there was supposed to be a link, but
it is not there now.

Is it possible to install the readline package manually?

Thanks in advance.

(Please excuse my cluelessness - i'm a GHC newbie.)

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni
my band: http://www.myspace.com/tzabari/