problem compiling an older Haskell program with GHC 6.6.1

Scott Stoller stoller at cs.sunysb.edu
Sat Jul 7 15:59:48 EDT 2007

hi,

I really appreciate the amazingly fast and helpful feedback to my previous
message.  that problem (FiniteMap not found) is solved.  but a new problem
came up...

I am trying to compile paradox 1.0, an older (GHC 5) Haskell program,
with GHC 6.6.1 (the Solaris 10 / x86 binary distribution).

now I get the error

  Data.hs:760:20: Not in scope: 'bounds'

Data.hs is one of the files in the program.  here is the nearby code:

updateTable :: Hash a => a -> IO b -> Table a b -> IO b
updateTable x my (MkTable ref) =
  do MkHTab n arr <- readIORef ref
     let (_,size) = bounds arr
         hashx    = hash x
         i        = hashx `mod` size

in case it's helpful, the entire paradox source code is at
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~stoller/out/paradox-1.0-casc.tar.gz
just delete "-package lang" from the Makefile before running "make".

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
scott