Need help understanding the Coverage Condition

Philip K.F. Hölzenspies p.k.f.holzenspies at utwente.nl
Wed Jul 4 14:21:21 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 05:35:44PM +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Have you read "Understanding functional dependencies via Constraint
> Handling Rules"?
> http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/fd-chr
>
> If not, I urge you to consider doing so.  It goes into the whole
> thing in great detail. I'm submerged for the next 3 weeks, though
> others may be able to help you.

Simon,

I knew I had a "to read" scribbled down in the back of my mind
somewhere, but it had slipped out. I will read that paper and see how
far I get (although it still seems that it should be possible to relax
the covering condition somewhat, being that the example I gave is
decidable on paper ;) )

Thank you for the reference.

Regards,
Philip