Compiling 6.6 repos on Mac OS X

C.M.Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 15:35:09 EST 2007

Hi,

I have recently tried to compile the 6.6 version of ghc from the darcs
repository.

I followed the intructions to pull ghc from the repository:

darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-6.6/ghc
cd ghc
chmod +x darc-add
./darcs-add -extra pull

The build process seems to get past stage 1, but fails at the beginning of
stage 2:

../compiler/ghc-inplace -optc-O -optc-Wall -optc-W
-optc-Wstrict-prototypes -optc-Wmissing-prototypes
-optc-Wmissing-declarations -optc-Winline -optc-Waggregate-return
-optc-Wbad-function-cast -optc-I../includes -optc-I. -optc-Iparallel
-optc-DCOMPILING_RTS -optc-fomit-frame-pointer -optc-fno-strict-aliasing
-H16m -O -optc-O2 -static -I. -#include HCIncludes.h -fvia-C -dcmm-lint
-c Linker.c -o Linker.o
Linker.c: In function 'loadObj':

Linker.c:1383:0:
     error: 'misalignment' undeclared (first use in this function)

Linker.c:1383:0:
     error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Linker.c:1383:0:  error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [Linker.o] Error 1
make: *** [stage1] Error 1

I am compiling this with ghc-6.6 (the latest version from darcs) and gcc
4.0.

Kind regards,
Chris.