hasktags - small patch

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Feb 21 10:15:28 EST 2007

> Yes, there's Norman Ramsey and Kathleen Fisher's partial hasktags implementation
> on top of the GHC API:

> I think incorporating small fixes to the existing hasktags in the meantime is
> fine, though.  We're still using it, and it may be a while before the GHC API
> version is working well enough.

if we're talking interim solutions, also try something like:

    echo ":ctags" | ghci -v0 Main.hs

(or etags, if you prefer; see :? in ghci). from what i remember, that should give
more useful results than hasktags. there is probably a good reason why some
people still use hasktags, though, and i'd be interested to hear it (perhaps add
it to the ticket?).

thanks,
claus