ghc 6.6 for mac os x (intel)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Feb 20 13:36:31 EST 2007

Hi Ariel,

Sorry for the delayed response.

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:07:46PM -0600, Ariel Apostoli wrote:

> >Are you using
> >    http://haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
> >?
> >
> Yes.
> >I've just downloaded it, and it looks like the Makefile should run
> >post-install-script to put readline/* in the right place. Can you check
> >if that is happening correctly?
> >
> the post-install script is not exactly happy; here is what i get when it
> starts running:

[snipped]

I'm not sure what output is expected, but your earlier message
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2007-February/011962.html
suggested that there is no file /opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.1.dylib
whereas post-install-script certainly looks like it will put something
there. Can you confirm whether or not the file is there, and whether you
are still getting the same error please?

Thanks
Ian