ghc 6.6 for mac os x (intel)

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 02:59:11 EST 2007

On 2/4/07, Ariel Apostoli <apostoli at cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install ghc 6.6 but apparently I have done something wrong
> since whenever I type ghc I obtain:
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/ghc
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.1.dylib
>  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6/ghc-6.6
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

Hi, Ariel--
Have you seen the page on building GHC on Mac OS X?
http://cvs.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/MacOSX
In particular, it explains how to set up the readline library so that
GHC can find it.

If you try the instructions there and something still doesn't work,
feel free to post here again.

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"The astonishment of life is the absence of any appearance of reconciliation