binary-dists for ghc-6.8.2

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Tue Dec 18 14:44:23 EST 2007

Dear all,

I've built binary distributions for Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) based on (better
supported) GMP and GNUreadline frameworks and for Solaris 10.

The frameworks under
should do.

The Mac binaries have been built using
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
and a patched Linker.lhs from
(also the files compiler/main/DriverPipeline.hs and utils/hsc2hs/Main.hs
are patched according to

The PPC binary still features:

The PPC ghc can be used on Intel Macs with the additional options:
  -optc-arch -optcppc -opta-arch -optappc -optl-arch -optlppc
(but that's slower than an i386 binary).

The Intel-Mac binary has also a patched file rts/Exception.cmm for (although I don't know
if it is a Mac problem at all.)

The Solaris 10 binaries have been built using gcc-4.2.2

The sparc binary was built on a "sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R" using:
  SRC_HC_OPTS += -optc-mcpu=ultrasparc -opta-mcpu=ultrasparc

Maybe these binary-dists are somehow useful.